2014 Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing
Access to this resource requires login and purchase
TITLE: Overview of Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing
APA CE or NASP CPD credit available (1.5 credit hour)
LENGTH: 70 minutes
ABSTRACT: The 2014 Standards represents the 5th edition in the series of standards developed by the professional organizations in educational and psychological assessment (American Psychological Association, American Educational Research Association, and the National Council on Measurement in Education). This webinar will situate the 2014 Standards in the context of the history of these Standards. It will give an overview of the revision process, identify key challenges that were faced by the Joint Committee in completing the revision, and present areas of major changes from the 1999 Standards. The webinar concludes with a discussion of intended and unintended uses of the Standards.
1. Recall the evolution of the Standards over the multiple revisions as evidenced by major changes in the development and content of the Standards.
2. Compare the outcomes of the efforts of the Management Committee in developing the charge for the revision to the decisions about membership of and final product by the Joint Committee.
3. Evaluate the key challenges faced by the Joint Committee in making decisions pertinent to the content and focus of the Standards.
4. Identify the major changes presented in the 2014 Standards.
5. Discuss the intended and unintended uses of the 2014 Standards.
BIO: Barbara Plake served as co-chair (with Lauress Wise) of the Joint Committee for the 2014 Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing. She earned her Ph.D. in Educational Statistics and Measurement in 1976 from the University of Iowa. She worked as a Research Associate for American College Testing before joining the faculty in the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1977. In 1988 she become the Director of the Buros Center for Testing. While at the University of Nebraska, she received the University-wide Foundations Award for Distinguished Teaching in 1985 and received the W.C. Meierhenry Distinguished University Professorship in 1991. She is the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association of Test Publishers and the Career Award from the National Council on Measurement. She is a Fellow of Division 5 of the American Psychological Association and a Fellow of the American Educational Research Association. She retired from UNL in 2006 and now serves as an independent consultant for many organizations, states, and federal programs.
To obtain APA CE or NASP CPD, you will be asked to complete a short quiz and program evaluation after viewing the video recording. Detailed instructions will be provided after purchase.